Friday, November 26, 2010

1gdcowgrl

My name is Cyndi, otherwise known as 1gdcowgrl. Married for nearly 10 years to my best friend. We have one daughter. I get to stay home to take care of my family and I am so grateful to be able to. For many, many years I was a hairstylist. Long hours on my feet and I loved it! Then I was diagnosed with Meneire's Disease.  That diagnosis eventually forced me to stop working. I have also cared for elderly, terminally ill people. I have a soft place in my heart for them. Now on to the quilt square....I chose the John Deere theme because we live on a working cattle ranch in southwest Oklahoma. It's not an easy way of life but it IS a rewarding way  of life. I LOVE IT!  There is a peaceful feeling about the country that you just don't get when you live in town. I should know, I've lived in lots of towns. From Oklahoma to Texas to Montana and Washington state. Throw in the state where I was born (Idaho) and all the ones I've visited and  you'll see that I seem to have no roots! Which I do...and my branches have quite a story to tell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment