Friday, November 26, 2010

Christine M

I sent in two quilt blocks - not sure if they both made the quilt, but one of them was a pic of my daughter that I had used as an avatar quite a bit.  Attached is the story that goes with that one, as well as the picture of the quiltblock.
I have one more to send in - my other quiltblock was a map of New England - I'll send in my "page" for that one soon.  It included a recipe for Boston Cream Pie.
Hello, AR Friends!
Christine M from Massachusetts here – I sent in two quilt squares, and one of them had a picture that I used for my AR Avatar for quite a while – my daughter, in deep conversation with a pumpkin!
We were going to name her Sadie Michele – it was a name with meaning for us, representing my paternal great-grandmother, three nieces and a deceased friend.  But when I learned I was pregnant, somehow Sadie didn’t fit.  When my husband mentioned Grace (“I always liked that song!” he said), the name stuck.  Now every time I hear it, the words take on a whole new meaning for me.  I love what the original means, but to be able to apply the lyrics to my life makes me realize she was meant to be named…Grace.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, (My precious baby’s first cry)
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see. (what true love really is)
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear. (What if I die? Who will love her like I do? What if some kid makes fun of her in the 5th grade?..God forbid, What if something awful happens to her?.”)
And Grace, my fears relieved. (When I look at her, all is well…)
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed. (I had all but giving up on becoming pregnant – didn’t bother with fertility doctors because I just felt “what’s meant to be, will be”.  As soon as I accepted the fact that maybe it wasn’t meant to be, it was!)
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.  (Anything I’ve been through in my life – heartache, loss, loneliness, depression – is worth it.  I’ve found my calling, and it is motherhood to this one special girl)
The Lord has promised good to me. (Blessed with motherhood)
His word my hope secures.  (Eexperiencing the miracle of pregnancy, birth, motherhood, strengthened my faith in God)
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.  (No matter what has or will ever happen to me…Thank You, God for this gift)
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise

Than when we've first begun.  (My love for my daughter is forever…)

No comments:

Post a Comment