Friday, November 26, 2010

Pelicangal

C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SH89PJ1Y\MPj04031830000[1].jpg
Hi to the Lucky Person That Won the Beautiful Quilt and Wonderful Memory Book.

 My name is Jan.  Otherwise known as Pelicangal.  I live in Brookings, Oregon.  From most of the rooms in our house we can look out over Pelican Bay and the Pacific Ocean.  (That is how I came up with my screen name).  The bay got its name from the scores of Pelicans that can be seen flying over all the time.
My Husband and I retired from the San Francisco Bay area in 2000.  We moved up here to lead a slower life and be closer to my Sister in Law, who moved here in 1998.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t stand not working, so I got a part time job.  I work about 3 days a week and it is enough that I don’t get stressed with work and don’t get bored being around the house all day.  We enjoy it here, although sometimes the rain can be a bit much.  Our average rainfall is 80 to 112 inches per year.  The saying around here is that old Oregonians don’t die they just rust away.
I love cooking all kinds of things and have definitely become an All Recipes addict.  It is the first thing that I do when I get up in the morning and I check the site constantly throughout the day.  On the days that I work, I immediately turn on my computer as soon as I get home to check out what has been going on at the Recipe Exchange throughout the day.  Only when I have read it all do I start cooking dinner.  Fortunately, my husband doesn’t mind if we eat late.
I am so envious that you have this quilt and memory book and I hope that you treasure it and enjoy it throughout a long and happy life.

C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R8H00MJ7\MCj03295270000[1].wmf
Best Wishes

Pelicangal

No comments:

Post a Comment