Friday, November 26, 2010

Mary

Here's what I was thinking when I made my quilt block:  
The red hat lady - Like it or not, I've reached that wonderful age of 50.  To me it's just a number.  I like to have fun, do exciting things and practice "random acts of kindness". 
The wine picture - That kind of is self explanatory.  I like to tour winneries, particiapate in wine tasteing and buy wines from that area.  It wouldn't surprise you then, that I llike to drink wine and use it in cooking.    
The three ladies - They represent the sisters aka friends I have in my life.  My real sister was born 2 years before me but died at 9 mos.  I have two high school class mates who I consider my sisters at heart.  I have many other friends who are very special to me, some I have yet to meet in person.  
The sewing machine - This picture tells you many things.  The most obvious, I like antiques and I like to sew.  I also like to quilt, crochet, crossstitch, needlepoint, scrapbook and make cards. 
The center block -  Mary, that's me.  Latin for "star of the sea" but I think more appropriately would be the Hebrew meaning "wished for child"! I'm the wife of a wonder man and mother to two terrific children & step-mother of one, all of whom have successfully left the nest.     
The bowl, eggs, & mearuing cup - Easy, I love to bake.  It brings peace and calm to my life.  It's creating something out various ingredients.  It makes others happy.
The coffee/tea cups - Sharing many conversations, happy times, sad times, comforting times, drawing strength from family and friends.
The computer - AR friends sharing recipes, asking questions, receiving answers, laughing together, comforting each other, a great on line community.
The cat - Symbol of a wise women, what I hope to be some day.  Also "mother" of 3 dogs and 3 cats.IMG_0148 (1).JPGIMG_0147 (2).JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment