Friday, November 26, 2010

AngieItaliano

My square is a red teddy bear that says FOREVER FRIENDS on it. The reason for choosing this was because that's how I feel about my AR friends. We have all kinds of friends in life, and even though I haven't actually sat down and shared a cup of coffee with anyone on the exchange, I feel that I've made good friends. Friends who don't judge. Friends that I can relate to more often than not. Friends that can lift your spirits when you're feeling down, and friends who can be honest with you, even if sometimes the truth hurts. To me that is what defines friendship. Her's a big Teddy Bear hugs for all my AR friends (((HUGS)))

Here is my Profile info if you want to use any of it..................

I've been married to my hubby for 28 years. We are now empty nesters. Our 2 kids have flown the coop. I've been a stay at home mom, making it easy to perfect our favorite dishes. We love to entertain. Other than my family, my favorite love is cooking, and feeding people gives me great joy.
My favorite things to cook..........................
I love to make authentic Italian dishes but I also love to barbecue. Actually I do all the prep and my hubby does the barbecuing. I also love to make appetizers. I don't do a lot of baking, but my desert specialties for company are tiramisu and deep fried cheesecake(which is too die for).
My cooking triumphs......................
I put on a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres engagement party for my daughter with 50 guests. I love to make appetizers but making fancy little appies was new territory for me. I spent weeks experimenting with different recipes and the whole week before the party making ones that I could freeze. I also never made cocktails before and served up bellinis and crantinis. It just about killed me but the party was a huge success.
My cooking tragedies.........................
Too many to mention but the most memorable was making a butternut squash ravioli using won ton skins for company. I made them during the day stacking them on a platter. When it was time to cook them, they were all stuck together into a blob. It was a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment