Friday, November 26, 2010

Cliff4D & M'Lady


 
CLIFF4D
After spending most of my 70+ years in Milwaukee, WI, we decided to move to a more rural area. We now live in a small community (pop.3175) on the southern tip of the great Horicon marsh, where we see hundreds of geese on their annual migration from Canada to ? (Wherever they go for the winter.)
When Kitten first suggested this quilt, she mentioned just taking a piece of cloth and writing your ‘handle’ on it, so, that’s what we did, M’Lady and me.
I know that my quilt square isn’t much, but it does tell a little bit about me. It consists of a field of blue with United States Marine Corps insignia printed on it. I am, and proudly admit to being one of “The Few”. Of course, I am retired now, but the Esprit de Corps is still there, strong as ever.
I enjoy AR very much, but like some others, I like to ‘tweak’ recipes to my satisfaction, and I don‘t think I should review if I make too many changes, so you don’t hear too much of me
I don’t chatter much on the air, because usually I leave the questions to those that I t hink can answer them better than I, but I do like to ‘monitor’ the conversations a lot. (I think that Monitoring’ sounds much nicer than ‘lurking‘, don’t you? To me, at least, I think that ‘lurking’ sounds kind of underhanded and sneaky.
 
M’LADY
Like my S/O, I’ve spent most of my 70+ years in Milwaukee, WI. And then we decided to move to a more rural area, South of Horicon Marsh, where we see lots of small wildlife, which is quite a treat for an old city girl.
Of all the various positions that I have held in my working life, grooming dogs was my most favorite job, because I love dogs. (Maybe that’s why Cliff4d and I have been together for so long!) For my quilt square I picked a pattern of all kinds of dogs, because it just called out to me.
liff is slowly getting me interested in AR, mainly by talking about it. As yet, I, too, only read the comments and look at the pictures, but someday, I’ll get brave enough to open my mouth, and then, you all better watch out! You may not get a word in edgewise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment