Friday, November 26, 2010

Iceemama

Hi,  I'm Iceemama.  My quilt square is an icee because my family loves them.  My real name is Melinda, I've been married for 17years and we have an 8 yr. old son with Asperger's syndrome.  I love cooking, collecting recipes, reading, gardening and genealogy. I live in Houston, Texas.  I have wonderful memories of baking with my mom and brother. I have been trying to make the same memories for my son.  I am more of a recipe gal but my son just likes to make things up. Suprisingly, he has  invented some good things. We have had to throw some things out too!  My dad cooks like that too but is a wonderful cook. My husband can make scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese from the box.  That is about it.  Growing up , my mom had my brother and I choose recipes from her cookbooks. Then over the summer we would make several of the recipes together each week. It was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment